- A suction unit is prescribed when a person is unable to mobilize or clear their secretions.
- Oral suction removes secretions from the oral cavity helping a patient breathe easier and prevent aspiration.
- Use the equipment for the intended use only.
- Do not expose device to water or extreme temperature.
- Use care when carrying, transporting or storing to prevent damage from dropping or falling.
- Plug your Suction unit into a properly grounded & polarized wall outlet.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- Do not plug into an outlet controlled by a switch/dimmer.
- If you are unsure if your outlet is properly grounded/polarized, contact an electrician.
- Do not remove the ground connector, or file down the plug.
- Use only on a stable surface.
- Contact Alpine Home Medical immediately if device is malfunctioning.
- Attach the suction tubing to the Suction Inlet.
- Check to see that the ON/OFF Switch is in the OFF position.
- Plug the power cord into electrical outlet.
- Turn the ON/OFF switch to the ON position.
- Turn the Control Knob to adjust the pressure gauge to the negative pressure setting specified by you physician or qualified health care professional, by temporarily sealing the tubing from the suction machine and observing the pressure gauge while turning the knob.
- Attach the Yankauer suction wand to the suction tubing.
- Suction oral cavity with the Yankauer wand.
- After suctioning, place the Yankauer in water to flush all secretions from the wand and tubing. Take care not to suction so much water that the collection bottle overfills.
- Turn the suction unit OFF.
- Never allow the collection bottle to become more than half full before emptying.
- Remove the collection bottle and flush the contents down the toilet. Rinse collection bottle several times with hot water and avoid splashing. Continue to flush contents down the toilet each time.
- Tubing, Yankauer and Collection Bottle should be washed with warm soapy water, rinsed well and air dry.
- Wipe device off with soft cloth damped with warm water. Take care not to get water into motor, electrical parts.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL OFFICE OR DELIVERY TECHNICIAN