Portable Oxygen Concentrators
- A Portable Oxygen Concentrator is designed to be portable by using a smaller mobile device and using alternate forms of power, namely; AC power, DC power and battery power.
- A Portable Concentrator works in a manner similar to a full size concentrator by concentrating the existing oxygen in room air to deliver it at 90% to 95% purity.
- Oxygen can only be distributed at the direction/prescription of a licensed physician.
GENERAL PLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Plug your Portable oxygen concentrator into a properly grounded & polarized wall outlet.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- Do not plug into an outlet controlled by a switch/dimmer.
- If you are unsure if your outlet is properly grounded/polarized, contact an electrician.
- Do not remove the ground connector, or file down the plug.
- Do not block any of the air openings of the concentrator.
- Do not place the concentrator on any extremely soft surface, such as a bed, sofa, or blanket.
- Keep at least 3 inches from walls & draperies.
- Do not place the concentrator in a small, enclosed area, such as a closet.
- Keep the concentrator away from dirty/dusty areas.
OPERATING THE PORTABLE CONCENTRATOR
- Before using your concentrator insert and charge your battery. You may use your concentrator while charging your battery. Charge time will vary but may take up to 5 hours. Refer to the battery charge icon on display. (Note: The battery MAY NOT charge while using DC power.)
- Power ON the device and allow it to warm-up. Wait to use until the green indicator light is illuminated to insure the device has reached maximum oxygen output.
- Attach the nasal cannula to the oxygen outlet.
- Select the flow mode, either continuous or pulse, if applicable.
- Adjust the flow setting to prescribed level. (Note: Do not change from prescribed flow setting or mode without consulting your physician.)
- Battery time will vary depending on flow, mode, breath rate and temperature.
- See troubleshooting guide for any alarms. (Note: DO NOT ignore any alarms.)
- To clear a loss of power alarm, hold the power button down for 5 seconds.
- To power OFF your concentrator press and hold the power button down for 2 seconds.
- Check the Air Inlet Filter daily and clean as least weekly. (Sponge-like filter, usually located on side or back of concentrator).
- Run it under tap water to remove all dust/dirt/lint.
- Shake out excess water.
- Dry with a lint free towel, or allow the filter to air-dry. (Some towels can actually clog the filter.)
- Replace the intake filter prior to using.
- DO NOT use the concentrator without the intake filter.
- Oxygen is nonflammable, but supports combustion. All sources of ignition, spark/flame must be kept at least 10’ away.
- NO SMOKING within 10’ of oxygen source including application device.
- Post NO SMOKING signs where oxygen is in use or stored.
- Always have a backup system/plan in place if concentrator malfunctions.
- Contact our office immediately if your equipment is malfunctioning.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL OFFICE OR DELIVERY TECHNICIAN