- A HomeFill unit allows you to use oxygen at home while you fill portable tanks at the same time.
- An oxygen concentrator does not reduce the amount of oxygen in the room significantly because of the low amount of oxygen required.
- Post NO SMOKING signs prominently in all areas where oxygen is used or stored.
- Oxygen can only be distributed at the direction/prescription of a licensed physician.
GENERAL PLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Plug your oxygen concentrator
and compressor into a properly grounded & polarized wall outlet.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- Do not plug into an outlet controlled by a switch/dimmer.
- If you are unsure if your outlet is properly grounded/polarized, contact an electrician.
- Do not remove the ground connector, or file down the plug.
- Do not block any of the air openings of the concentrator. (Some openings are located below the concentrator.)
- Do not place the concentrator on any extremely soft surface, such as a bed, sofa, or blanket.
- Keep at least 3 inches from walls & draperies.
- Do not place the concentrator in a small, enclosed area, such as a closet.
- Place the compressor on the rack provided or on a stable surface.
- The concentrator can be placed in a different room if noise is an issue.
- Keep the concentrator away from dirty/dusty areas.
OPERATING THE COMPRESSOR
- Connect the compressor to the concentrator by attaching the interconnect hose into the fitting on the concentrator and the compressor.
- Turn concentrator ON.
- Concentrator flow rate must be set to 3 liters per minute or less on a 5 liter concentrator and 5 liters per minute or less on a 10 liter concentrator, while filling tanks.
- Connect cylinder to the compressor.
- Turn power switch to ON position.
- Examine control panel lights to see filling light and full light when cylinder in done filling.
- Remove cylinder.
- Turn power switch on compressor to OFF position.
- Repeat process to fill all tanks.
- Oxygen is nonflammable, but supports combustion. All sources of ignition, spark/flame must be kept at least 10’ away.
- NO SMOKING within 10’ of oxygen source including application device.
- NO SMOKING signs posted in the house.
- Clean the compressor cabinet with a mild household cleaner and a non-abrasive cloth.
- Twice a week, clean your
intake air filter (sponge-like, usually located on side or back) both on the
concentrator and the compressor.
- Run it under tap water to remove all dust/dirt/lint.
- Shake out excess water.
- Dry with a lint free towel, or allow the filter to air-dry. (Some towels can actually clog the filter.)
- Replace the intake filter prior to using.
- DO NOT use the concentrator without the intake filter.
- Keep your concentrator in good working order. Call our office at any time to arrange for a periodic concentrator check.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL OFFICE OR DELIVERY TECHNICIAN