- A commode helps those who can walk but cannot contend with a flight of stairs or the distance involved getting to the bathroom.
- To use safely it is necessary for the user to be able to stand, pivot and sit down.
- Commodes have the ability to adjust the seat height.
- Increasing the seat height generally offers greater safety when sitting down and rising from the seat.
- Adjustment is accomplished by pressing the spring-tension buttons on each leg and extending the leg in or out to desired length.
- Care should be taken to make sure that the spring-tension buttons engage to lock leg securely in place.
- Bedside commodes are lightweight and can slide or tip. Care should be taken when sitting and standing to avoid harm.
- Always follow instructions for your physician and or your physical therapist.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL OFFICE OR DELIVERY TECHNICIAN