- Canes should always be used on the opposite side of the affected/injured/weaker leg.
- It is recommended you consult with your physician or therapist to determine proper adjustment and usage.
- Always check rubber tips for wear and tear. Replace worn, cracked, or torn tips immediately.
- Inspect handgrips for slippage, wear, and tear. Replace worn or loose handgrips immediately.
- Always observe the weight limit of your cane.
- Canes are not designed to support your total weight.
- If equipped with a single or double-button, make sure they are fully engaged an protruding before using.
- If equipped with a cam lever, ensure it is locked before using.
- When using a quad cane, ensure all 4 tips are in contact with the walking surface.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Prior to walking, shift your weight to your stronger leg.
- Simultaneously move your weaker leg and cane forward.
- Lean on the cane to reduce the weight being shifted to the weaker leg.
- Bring the stronger leg forward.
- Practice this technique until you are comfortable with it.
- Do not take long strides or walk quickly – these can lead to loss of balance and falls.
- Always follow any special instruction given by your therapist or physician in lieu of instruction provided by Alpine Home Medical.
ADJUSTING CANE HEIGHT
- Loosen cane by either turning the anti-rattle collar or lifting up on the cam lever.
- Press in snap button or double button.
- Slide extension up or down
until snap button or double button protrudes through an adjustment hole on handle end of cane. Repeat until cane is at proper height.
- NOTE: An audible “click” will be heard when snap button or double button securely protrudes through the adjustment hole.
- Tighten cane by either turning the anti-rattle collar or pressing down on the cam lever.
ADJUSTING QUAD CANES FOR RIGHT OR LEFT HANDED USE
- Loosen cam lock by lifting up on cam lever.
- Press the double-button and turn cane handle 180° until double-button locks.
- When cane handle is firmly positioned at desired height and double-button protrudes through height adjustment hole on cane handle, press down on cam lever to secure cam lock.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL OFFICE OR DELIVERY TECHNICIAN